Thursday, July 19, 2007

This Time

There is a verse in the Bible that I completely love today.....mostly because I need it today....alot! It is found in Esther 4:14...I know you have heard it a thousand times...but today I needed to remember it and thankfully I did! The scripture makes this statement: who knows that you were not put here for such a time as this? WOW-- I keep thinking about my life and the whining and complaining that I do in my Missie world...and then this scripture comes to mind....what am I doing with MY TIME...with THIS TIME? It seems so easy to get into a rut with life--- it seems so easy to want to complain or fuss about this or that but what if we didn't...what if for just this time-- we thought about the purpose of us being here..right now? I was in my office this morning when I had been dwelling on this scripture when the phone rang.....it was a mom who has an great amazing wonderful new freshman coming to FHU in about a month....she was talking about sheets..yes, sheets (length, style, width) and all of the sudden she got really quiet and I realized she was crying....okay...honestly, I wasn't mean to her or anything....and we were just talking sheets...but yep, she was crying! And I ......well, I completely related! :) Because there are defintely days that the thought of what size sheets Blake and Drake will need on their college beds makes me cry too... anyway, I said are you okay...and she just poured it all out there....I mean lots...she told me how she was so worried about her daughter being so far away and how she wanted to know that she was going to be in good hands and in good care..where someone would look after her......well, we chatted for awhile...this is my love, my reason for being here....FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS. Now, I am no Esther but what a gift...to be able to be there for others...God blesses me over and over again with this. So for this day--- this time....I am thankful for such a time as this. I hope this day brings to you the meaning of your time.

3 comments:

AlabamaKiwi said...

And Missie, so many times I have felt you were in my life for "such a time as this" and your life and devotion have always encouraged me!

Leah said...

I love reading your blogs...while mine are filled with mindless chatter about our life, yours are so refreshing and meaningful. Thank you for sharing! Hope you all are well! I think about you everytime I hear about FHU!

Gayle said...

Missie,
We have spent so few minutes together. But I so appreciate your faith and Godliness. I know if this Mom could know you, she would be so glad you would be in her childs life.

Love ya cuz, Brenda
p.s. did you know Leah is my daughter? Your uncle Dan told me of your site. I had not noticed it at all on Dale's blog duhhhhhhhhhhh