Thursday, June 14, 2007

Psalms 5:3

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. This has got to be one of the greatest scriptures ever in my life-- because first off I love love love the fact that we are granted the privilege of talking to the Lord-- second, I am a BIG TIME fan of the morning-- I like waking up way before the sun comes up and getting a list of 10 things done and then watching the sunrise-- WOW-- nothing is really better than that in my day! This morning was incredible-- I got up about 5 and just worked like mad to get my list done-- and while I was working-- "adoption story" was on TV....love that show....so I had a great cry. Then that of course led to some big time prayer time-- so I went to the gym and prayed for about 20 minutes-- just talked to God-- it is always so interesting how I feel so comfortable to speak with God about everything-- and yes, today I had some big stuff to talk about-- request if you will-- :) I find myself telling God about all the things He already knows and yet it is a blessing I can't imagine being without! Laying my request before Him and knowing He is listening-- and getting to wait with expectation! Well, today I am thankful for Prayer and thankful for early mornings!!! What are your request.....let Him know!!

2 comments:

Dale's Spot said...

Finally .... your own private pulpit :) Great, great writing. It is good therapy and it also allows others into your heart. Thanks for putting that verse in my head for this evening. AND you know you are always in my prayers.

Love,

Heather said...

I clicked on a link from Dale's blog and found yours Missie. I don't know if you remember me from your Hamilton days (Heather GANN Robbins), but I wanted to comment. I love your writing. The post about family was very touching. How in the world are those 3 super handsome boys of yours? I cannot believe they are going to be in college soon. I hope you're doing well and it's great to hear about your life.