Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wondering

I am here in this office in a small town in the great state of Tennesses wondering-- not because I am not working-- but just wondering because of my work-- I am currently housing about 450 new freshman coming for Fall 07 to our incredible university and as I go through each application-- as I enter each name-- as I read about each one-- I am wondering! What kind of people will these young adults be- what kind of things will they love about FHU? Will they love it as much as I do-- (okay impossible :)-- What kind of situations will happen here for them that will make them better people-- what will they do that will make this place even better! I have been praying for each person before I place them in a room-- I just feel the need to do so-- I mean I am not doing anything life changing??!! oh wait? what if I am? what if there are young people who will grow closer to Christ because of the roommate I placed them with-- what if it is the one time in their life that they get to laugh and smile and be encouraged! It could be life changing-- that puts a whole new perspective on what I am doing-- I do love my job-- it is a blessing to me everyday. Housing at Freed-Hardeman...life changing?...makes me wonder!!??

1 comment:

Dale's Spot said...

YIPPIE - I get to be the first to post on your blog. Not a lot of folks respond to the efforts of bloggers - but it is refreshing to think outloud.

You are wonderful and a wonder! I love you - and yes, you do change lives! Always. FHU is great - and better because you are there.

d