Friday, September 18, 2009

God's tears

Tonight was interesting- I was having one of those nights when I couldn't sleep-- they come pretty frequently- I just am not a big fan of sleeping and sometimes talk myself out of it. So I decided that I would try to spend some time just being with God. It has been a very very tough week in our office- one of the major downsides of caring so much about people is that sometimes they disappoint you. I have certainly in my life had my share of disappointments from people- and I know how to deal with this-- you just completely and totally realize that where your strength comes from the Lord-- The Father, he is my best friend, my confidant, my true love. Just like sometimes a husband and wife or mother and child or friend and friend need some time to just really really be together- to let nothing else get in the way of a wonderful conversation- I needed that time with my Creator. So- I went into my kitchen and sat on my favorite piece of furniture- ( the little couch-- that is for an upcoming blog) I got my Bible and my journal and started writing- making a list of all the things that I wanted to say Thank you to God for-- things He has given me-- things He has done in my life- things He is teaching me....It began- before I knew it- my "list" was about 3 pages long and very detailed.... So I talked-- something I love doing and love it even more when the Listener really cares. :)I told Him all of my issues at work and all of the pain I had felt as I continuously deal with a friends betrayal and how I miss him-I told Him about how much I wanted to trust in Him as I waited on so many answers. As I talked I felt such a strong peace-- such a lighter load- really really. Now don't freak out-- I am not saying that all of my burdens just lifted and were swept away- I am saying- that it was that deep peace- that peace that reminds us all that we are close in the arms of our Lord- and that He will take care of us in the storms of life- even in the very tough times. I am so thankful for prayer- so blessed by it every moment. I realized as I spent time talking with my Best Friend- that finally the night had passed - the rain was falling hard and as I stared out the window - watching this beautiful falling rain- I thought back to a time when my mom used to tell me that the rain was God's tears- that He would cry over the pain that others felt....I smiled as I thought of this -realizing all that I had just given Him in my time with Him. It was a hard rain-- and after such a wonderful time in prayer- my tough week felt washed away.

No comments: